Morning sickness is commonly experienced by pregnant women. During the early period of pregnancy, many women feel nauseous and vomit. The following are some ways to alleviate morning sickness.
1) Avoid foods that can make you feel nauseous.
● Foods that are stimulating or have a strong smell, even when they are foods that you used to enjoy before getting pregnant, can negatively stimulate your stomach. Avoid foods that can make you feel nauseous.
2) Eat small meals frequently.
● Eating large meals increases your stomach activity, which can worsen your morning sickness. Eat small meals frequently, and chew your food well before swallowing.
3) Have snacks often.
● Crackers and soft foods are good to eat when you feel nauseous. When you feel nauseous, have a snack and try to relax completely. Take your mind off whatever you’re doing (working, etc.).
● Have some warm tea. Some good teas to drink to alleviate nausea include barley tea, sicklepod seed tea, lemon tea, schizandra berry tea and ginger tea.
4) Drink lots of water.
● Not drinking enough water can worsen your morning sickness. Keep a water bottle handy and drink water frequently.
5) Move slowly.
● Take your time getting out of bed, and don’t rush through the things you have to do. Moving quickly can encourage morning sickness.
6) Don’t skip meals, even if you don’t feel like eating.
● As a mother-to-be, it is important for you to get optimum nutrition. Having some food in the stomach is likely to reduce morning sickness.
● Eat foods and drinks cold to reduce their smell and improve digestion.
4. Fatigue Management
1) Eat foods rich in iron and protein.
● Fatigue can be a symptom of anemia caused by iron deficiency. Eat iron-rich foods such as lean red meat, poultry, seafood, green leafy vegetables, whole grain cereals, pasta, beans and nuts.
2) Cut down on rigorous activities.
● Cut down on rigorous activities. Have a good rest after work.
3) Exercise regularly.
● Get some exercise regularly. You could join a yoga class for pregnant women, or take a walk around the neighborhood. But be careful not to overdo it.
4) Go to bed early.
● You are recommended to get 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night. Placing a pillow between the legs and the lower abdomen can help you get a good night’s sleep.
First choice for folic acid and iron of Korean women in childbearing age (Kantar Worldpanel 2016):
Solgar Folic Acid:
- Solgar Folic Acid helps reducing pregnant woman’s risk of baby’s birth defect.
- Folic acid should be used when the moment when you plan for pregnancy.
Solgar Gentle Iron:
- Solgar Gentle iron has high absorption rate and no side effects which like constipation and stomach ulcers caused by iron.
- Solgar Gentle iron should be used from the third month after being pregnant.