Rules to Follow While Pregnant
Wash Your Hands
- After using the bathroom
- After changing diapers
- After touching pets
- Before and after handling food
Handle Different Foods Separately
Use different knives and chopping boards for fruits, vegetables, meat and seafood.
Cook at a High Temperature
Cook only enough for one meal, and throw out food that’s been stored at room temperature for a long time.
Store Food Correctly
Check your refrigerator’s temperature regularly (refrigerator: 5℃, freezer: below -18℃). Don’t refreeze food that’s already been thawed.
Food Poisoning Types to Watch Out for While Pregnant
This is a food poisoning bacteria that can grow even at low temperatures. It causes fevers, muscle pain and diarrhea.
[Foods] Unheated smoked fish, non-pasteurized milk and dairy products
This is found in some fish. Excessive consumption affects the development of the fetus’ nervous system.
[Foods] Deep-sea large fish (whale, shark, tuna)
This is a type of parasite that lives in the intestines of mammals and birds before being excreted.
[Foods] Vegetables and fruits contaminated by animal feces, raw meat, undercooked meat
First choice for folic acid and iron of Korean women in childbearing age (Kantar Worldpanel 2016):
Solgar Folic Acid:
- Solgar Folic Acid helps reducing pregnant woman’s risk of baby’s birth defect.
- Folic acid should be used when the moment when you plan for pregnancy.
Solgar Gentle Iron:
- Solgar Gentle iron has high absorption rate and no side effects which like constipation and stomach ulcers caused by iron.
- Solgar Gentle iron should be used from the third month after being pregnant.